Celebrities

Alicia Silverstone carries on the cattiness, snubs Elisabeth Hasselback on The View

The cattiness on The View just never stops! I love how the women, on a show that's supposed to set a positive example for women, can't even bother be civil towards each other. Aside from the usual Rosie vs Elisabeth drama, apparently their guests can't even bother to be polite. Alicia Silverstone was recently a guest on the talk show, and upon her entrance, decided to completely snub the right-winged Elisabeth Hassleback, and rush to kiss and hug the other, more liberal hosts.

More cat fighting, er, really awesome journalism after the jump!

Posted by on May 24, 2007

A look at an inspiring family and how breakfast clubs and after school activities have changed their lives

Comments

Alicia Silvestone is so incredibly unprofessional!!!! I don't care what your personal politics or feelings are toward someone...you are on someone else's show-have some respect. I used to be a fan-no more!

Posted by: kate | May 24, 2007 12:58 PM

I feel the same it was very unprofessional. Very very rude. She acted like a spoiled child. Does she know this is a free country and people can have different opions. I will never see a movie she is in because she not a professional.

Posted by: rhonda | May 24, 2007 2:15 PM

This is not journalism, it's not supposed to be unbiased, it's an opinion show, hence the name THE VIEW. These are not unbiased people, they are having discussions like I'd have in the break room with people of dissenting views, if we wanted to "get into it" to this degree.

And bravo to Alicia for being true to herself. I consider it phony when people pretend to like people they don't. I'd rather they be honest than kiss butt. Otherwise, the world becomes even more insincere than it already is. Silverstone didn't punch Elisabeth, she shunned her. Not being civil would have been spitting at someone or slapping them. And god KNOWS EH needs to be slapped. And needs to open her mind. She's a parrot, nothing more, nothing less. Mindless parrot.

Posted by: lanita | May 24, 2007 2:36 PM

I agree that Alicia Silverstone was very unprofessional. We are all entitled to our opionions. She was a guest on their show and can voice her opinion but to snub someone because she does not agree with them is uncalled for. It seems actors and actresses do not understand how much our younger genertion listens to what they say and do. I wish they would try to be a better roll model.

Posted by: PATTY BECHTEL | May 24, 2007 3:01 PM

Alicia, grow up!

Posted by: Lisa | May 24, 2007 3:11 PM

I am completely with you. I don't think Alicia was meaning to be disrespectful. I DO think that during that show, in that moment, she was completely put off by Elisabeth (as I am everyday) and just really didn't feel like putting forth any effort to give Elisabeth a greeting of any sort. While I don't think snubbing people is the way to go, I do think Alicia was just acting in response to how she felt... and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: Alexandra | May 24, 2007 3:12 PM

so lanita, you're saying it's okay for Alicia Silverstone to be true to herself, but not for Elisabeth to? what it sounds like you're saying is that it's okay to be biased toward the left, but not the right. pretty hypocritical. many celebrities jump on a bandwagon because 'everyone else is doing it' and don't bother to think for themselves. that, i believe is the definition of being a parrot.

Posted by: smills | May 24, 2007 3:15 PM

i personally do not care for elisabeth. her mind is not fully formed. go alicia. don't be a phony. isn't it time we got real.

Posted by: marcia siegel | May 24, 2007 3:22 PM

I think that Alicia Silverstone was wrong to snub Elisabeth Hasslebeck, as like many people have pointed out before, she was on their show, but at the same time, both Silverstone and Hasslebeck needs to grow up too.

Posted by: Gee | May 24, 2007 4:17 PM

WHAT ALICIA SILVERSTONE DID WAS INCREDIBLY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL, WHICH MAY EXPLAIN WHY SHE WOULD FAVOR BIG MOUTH ROSIE. ALICIA SILVERSTONE IS BASICALLY A NOBODY ANYWAY, AS ROSIE WOULD BE IF BARBARA WASN'T SO STUPID. ROSIE IS A DISGRACE. I NO LONGER HAVE ONE OUNCE OF RESPECT FOR BARBARA. SHE'S ROSIE'S DOORMAT AND SHE'S PITIFUL. I REALLY CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ADMIRE ROSIE. ELISABETH YOU ARE A SWEETHEART. YOU CAN'T AND SHOULDN'T BE ANY KIND OF MATCH FOR ROSIE, SHE HAS A LIFETIME OF PRACTICE OF SHOVING HER VIEW DOWN EVERYONE'S THROAT, AND BEING A BIG MOUTH, THINKS SHE KNOWS IT ALL, (WITCH).
JAMIE H.

Posted by: JAMIE HATALOWICH | May 25, 2007 12:26 AM

DEAR ELISABETH
i THINK WHAT ROSIE AND SILVERSTONE DID WAS RUDE. ITS O.K TO VOICE YOUR OPINION BUT NOT TO DISGRACE
ELISABETH BECAUSE THE VIEW IS TO VOICE YOUR OPINION BUT NOT TO BE RUDE AND THIS FAT ROSIE WAS TALKING TO HER AS IF SHE IS NO ONE I CANT WAIT FOR HER TO GET OFF THE SHOW SHE IS A FOOLAND VERY VERY RUDE HOW WOULD SHE LIKE SOMEONE TO TREAT HER KIDS AND WIFE LIKE THAT I DONT THINK SHE WOULD LIKE IT

Posted by: Latissia | May 25, 2007 12:57 AM

What kind of people admire admire Rosie? Let's see. My friends and I really do admire her and what kind of people are we? We teach school and are highly educated. We teach our students to respect all ways of living life and that the golden rule will solve most problems. We also teach that that a clean earth, that is filled with peace is what is most important and that a fifth grader in a country that thinks differently than us is just as valuable of a human as any of us. Many of our staff are part of a "two mommy" situation and are raising very thoughtful, respectful, and accepting children that I have loved having in my class. We certainly don't care if you are living a certain life style so why would anyone care if my my friends want to be married? I am very accepting of any conservatives point of view but they seem to want everyone to believe as they do. If you don't want to marry someone of your same sex, no problem with me, but why would you want to stop the few who really want to marry their loved one, like Rosie? I guess we are the kind of people who admire Rosie! Peace!

Posted by: Rich Oven | May 25, 2007 1:24 AM

There's being true to yourself and then there's just being rude and disrespectful. Rosie has the right to her opinions and etc, but when she starts name calling and does her outrageous insinuation it's just pathetic. For example, Rosie calling Kelly a homophobe because she didn't want Clay Aiken touching her mouth is kind of a stretch. Why not call her a germaphobe or something else. It's not only rude and disrespectful to Kelly Ripa but also rude to Clay Aiken when he hasn't even stated he's gay or not. Then calling her co-worker a coward for not supporting her is just sad. Then there's Alicia Silverstone, she didn't have to be rude to make a point. She could have used words and stated her disagreements. However, she chose to be childish and shove someone aside on national television. It's not hard to shake someone's hand even if you disagree with them. Even Bush can do that and he's a republican with more class then lame old democrate Alicia Silverstone who can't even suck it up and be professional.

Posted by: Julie | May 25, 2007 3:49 AM

What Alicia Silverstone did yesterday to EH was completely unprofessional and she should be ashamed of herself. To be on someone else's show and perform in such a disrespectful manner shows lack of character and judgment on her part. As a result of this incident, I have lost all respect for her as a person or actress. I don't care if you're a Liberal or Conservative--have respect for the people around you (and for yourself for that matter)! People focus too damn much on what political viewpoints others have and it doesn't seem like we spend enough time seeing people for who they really are. We're all people trying to make it in the world and if you see others as good and decent and not focus on their political views we'd all be much better off! I'm kind of going off on a tangent but what Alicia did to EH was unacceptable and she should issue a public apology. To snub, ignore, and slight another person for having a different point of view is immature and should not be applauded by anyone.

Posted by: Shaundra | May 25, 2007 7:02 AM

Nice going alicia! There's no way in hell I would ever embrace someone I didn't respect and good for you in making a point of it. Elisabeth is a disease. She's an unintelligent, right wing, flapping head. She speaks without thinking, has nothing new to say and pretty much hammers home the 'war monger' republican stereotype. May your baby be born with a brain and a conscience.

Posted by: troy | May 25, 2007 9:03 AM

Troy, your an idiot! Just my opinion !

Posted by: Anonymous | May 25, 2007 9:26 AM

Lanita, your an idiot too!
Thats what we need more, having people tell us they don't like us and not to hide it! Just because you don't agree or share someones views doesn't mean you go and embarrass them or belittle them!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 25, 2007 9:33 AM

Bruce Willis, Robert Duvall, Kurt Russell and Vince Vaughn are all Republicans, do you think Alicia Silverstone would have ignored them if they were on the View?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 25, 2007 9:49 AM

It's possible that the only reason why Alicia agreed to be on the show was because Rosie has invited her. Elisabeth snubs Rosie; Alicia snubs Elisabeth in defense of Rosie. Within this context, Alicia wasn't wrong. Did anyone watch the rest of the interview? If Alicia was truly unprofessional, she could've ignored Elisabeth completely.

Posted by: Patrick | May 25, 2007 11:15 AM

I was disgusted with her display! Your right, it is a forum where you can have your opinions and speak them, but you should still do it with some sort of respect. Alicia took it to such an immature level! If she cared about people the way she cares about dogs then maybe she wouldn't come off as such a hypocrite to me. I don't agree with half of what Elizabeth says, but she is entitled to speak her opinion with disagreement, but not disrespect.

Posted by: Euphorian | May 25, 2007 12:53 PM

it's not the point that alicia did not embrace EH, but the point of acknowledging her presence which would have been proffesional. rosie and EH both are very vocal when speaking out on their opinions which is great , but as a guest on the show - alicia should have been more respectful. instead she acted like a spoiled silly girl.

Posted by: ll | May 25, 2007 1:10 PM

I like how Elizabeth is so weak. Everyone feels the need to protect her. In America, We do what we want. Silverstone made a choice too snub and she did. Now if Elizabeth was a big girl she would have addressed the fact but decided not too. Now Silverstone mave have been unclassy but she certainly made her point. She will not touch someone who may indicate that OUR US TROOPS are Terrorists. She could have done a lot more then snub her. I say this is a great show where it's all about VIEWS and nothing else and I'm a dude.

Posted by: Nick | May 25, 2007 4:03 PM

WOW! I am so glad to see other people feel the same way, how immature of someone who is a Celebrity. She calls herself an actress, then she should have acted politely and with respect on National Television. Like someone else said maybe she should treat people how she treats animals. We will defintely miss any movie she comes out in. See ya Alicia!

Posted by: Diane Cromwell | May 25, 2007 5:37 PM

i can't believe how personal people are taking what alicia silverstone did. who cares!, nobody knows EH or AS. and i can't beileve how people could have such dislike for someone who they don't know. you all get so upset with rosie on "her views " but thats her JOB and just because she does not think like you does not make her a bad person. and i am not defending her, WHY? because i don't know her. Thats my point, so for all of you who get so upset with people who have nothing to do with your personal lives or those who you love, GET A LIFE. all are getting mad for NOTHING. these three women all woke up the next day the same, happy and rich. so stop thinking you have to attack or defend people who you don't know. i hope everyone gets this upset about the world's problems.

Posted by: melissa | May 25, 2007 6:58 PM

Melissa,
What did you just do there? Your just like us you have an opinion and it seems like you are getting upset at us!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 25, 2007 7:06 PM

Rosie is a kindhearted loving and very generous person. Why is it that everything she says is misconstrued?

Posted by: marge | May 25, 2007 9:58 PM

What I find sad, is the personal attacks against Rosie, EH or AS. They are entitled to their opinions, and opinions are like ***holes, we all have one. I think Rosie goes over the top, and I truly wonder if EH believes what she says, but in the end whatever!

Our troops follow orders, and can't speak for themselves, they are NOT allowed to speak against the president. Believe it or not Free Speech is not applicable to the troops. My husband is a 30 year retired Marine.

I believe wrongly or rightly. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Posted by: Mia | May 25, 2007 11:44 PM

I Love Alicia Silverstone even more now. I don't think it was unprofessional. Why should she be pretentious and fake? People just hate the truth and that's why people hate Rosie so much.

Posted by: nano | May 26, 2007 8:49 AM

Those of you who support AS for her rude and inappropriate gesture exemplify the epitome of what is wrong with this country...lack of character...lack of integrity...lack of propriety...ultimately, a lack of morals. Yes, everyone has the right to stand and be heard...to voice their opinions. However, AS would have made a stronger statement that did more than simply rattle the cage, by shaking EH's hand and thanking her for the invitation...and then hugging the others. That would show her preference for the others, but would still have been cordial to EH...who is, afterall, one of the hosts!!!

Posted by: Sandra | May 26, 2007 11:52 AM

Let me see if I understand this. A speech impaired second rate journalist, failed comedian, New York lesbian and reality show contestant discussing deep philosophical issues. They have differences of opinion and insult each other - oh what a horrow!!!! I need to tape this gem for later viewing (some people actually have valid employment)so I can determine the sponsors and make certain I don't patronize them.

Posted by: who cares | May 26, 2007 3:09 PM

it's called having principles. If any of you had any, you would avoid those who stomp on them too.

Posted by: who cares | May 26, 2007 6:45 PM

For all the hypocrites here posting ridiculous comments about how Alicia Silverstone was rude to Elizabeth: How is it okay for Elizabeth to voice her ignorant opinion to the world about an unecessary world war but it's not okay for Alicia Silverstone to show the world how she feels about Elizabeth's opinion?????? You all must be the kind of annoying people who are so damn fake to everyone and act nice to their faces then talk trash behind their back. It's better to be real and true to yourself than to live a lie. Alicia Silverstone had EVERY right to act the way she wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by: Hannah | July 25, 2007 7:10 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.